Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Start: Day 1

I have started a 90-day weight loss challenge at the gym and I think if I work at it, I can change other aspects of my life in that 90 days as well.

Things I would like to change:
- My weight
- My unemployment status
- My relationship with my parents
- My living situation

I saw an article about a Google employee who challenged himself to do something (or not to do something) for 30 days. It took me to a website www.30daychallenges.net where people post their own challenges and how they are doing with them. One of them was 30 days of blogging. I can do that. Every night I will post an update on what I've done towards completing my goals. I'm going to use this to be accountable to myself and to any readers (but does anyone actually read this?). 

So far I'm about a week into the weight loss challenge (I'd say 10 days?) so I'm going to start today as day 1 and just finish the weight loss challenge before I'm done with my personal goals.

I've lost 0 pounds since last week but I've lost 2.5% body fat. I know I eat crap and I don't do as much cardio as I should. I spent 2 hours at the gym tonight and burned 1,100 calories. I'm starting to develop a love/hate relationship with the stair-stepper. I hate it while I'm on it but when I look at my heart rate monitor I absolutely adore it. I know my legs and butt going to hate it tomorrow, though. 

My unemployment status is a pretty sore subject right now, which is also why I have problems with my parents. I've been living in their house for 2 months now and I absolutely hate it (hence, the living situation goal). I'm tired of being under their thumb all the time and I know they're tired of me living here. I know I need to get a job but I've been trying for 4 months to find a job and I'm getting burnt out and frustrated. I just wish someone would call me back!! I had an interview at a place that does work with autistic kids almost 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard back from them. 

My boyfriend, Shawn, recently got a job at a temp agency. I'm really proud of him for getting a job. It's something so he doesn't have to move back in with his parents but its not enough to support both of us and our furbaby. It's a good set up though; he can just tell the agency that he's done when either he or I get a permanent job.

I'm just tired of feeling likes a useless waste of space. I need something to make me feel worthy again. I need something to my name.

Well, here I go.






No comments:

Post a Comment