I am determined to finish this 31 day challenge. It might take me a couple months, but I'm going to do it. So the task for day 2 is 20 facts about me (as if I didn't cover most of that in the day 1 post). And I'm really awful about coming up with facts about myself, so please stick with me. And humor me. That would be nice. So here goes...
1. I am 23 years old.
2. I will be 24 years old on the day after Valentine's Day <3
3. I absolutely despise "text speak" such as LOL, HMU, SMH. And honestly, if you know what those mean off the top of your head or because you use them regularly, you're too young.
4. I was unemployed for 3 months after I graduated college. And I've had residents that were unemployed for a day before they found a new job. So sometimes it annoys me when people say its too hard to find a job. Lower your standards and it'll get easier.
5. I'm lucky enough to work in a place where I can get away with wearing yoga pants and sweaters. I do dress nicely sometimes, but I'm lucky enough that I don't have to. I do not like pants. Like real pants.
6. I joined a gym in June of last year and working really hard, I lost almost 30 pounds and close to 30% body fat. I got bored with the gym and the holidays happened so I gained a lot back, but I'm starting again (even though new years resolutions of "I'm going to join a gym and lose 50 pounds" kind of people annoy the crap out of me) and I'm going to keep going where I left off!
7. I have a little sister who is moving to Europe in about a week to do a semester abroad. We don't get along and I'm hoping that the distance will help us get closer and get along better. Although it's not like we don't get along for lack of MY trying. 20 is such a finicky age.
8. I love shopping, but only for accessories like shoes and purses. With my recent weight loss (and subsequent weight gain) I have been having the hardest time trying to find things that fit my body, hence yoga pants and sweaters. Although, I've always had a hard time trying to find things that fit me well. I think it's just my lack of fashion knowledge. But purses and shoes I have in spades!
9. I can wear heels for hours (as long as I don't have to walk too much). I used to wear heels for a job at a retail store where I would walk all day and I got used to them, but now I sit at a desk and still wear heels on occasion which has given me a false sense of the ability to wear heels anywhere at any time. Yeah, bad news.
10. I love reading. I just started doing this idea where I have people suggest book titles to me and I put them in a jar and pull one out and that's the next book I'm to read. It turned out to be a baggie so I could take it with me to the library and also if I hear a book that sounds interesting I can write it down. It's easier for me to have something tangible instead of a list on my iPhone. The last book I read was Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger (but I didn't finish it, too slow) and the last book I actually finished was Bossypants by Tina Fey, its pure hilarity if you've never read it.
11. I have a 100-pound 15 month old puppy named Clyde. He's been my rock since I moved away from my boyfriend. And he's the best snuggler I know. Until he actually falls asleep and then starts dream running and kicking me off the twin bed we share.
12. Yes, twin bed. I'm living with my parents right now. Its okay because I don't have to pay any bills or rent, but I'm still 23 years old and living at my parents house and by my parents rules. Yeah, I'm so cool.
13. Religion is a mystery to me. I was raised Methodist but I'm not entirely sure what I believe. I would lean towards Agnostic though. I still go to the Methodist church where I was raised. And I have read the Bible, the Torah, and the Koran. I think its a good idea to know of everything that's out there. And I'm currently re-reading the Bible. I would like to reconnect with my Methodist roots, though.
14. I honestly have no idea what I did before Netflix. I guess I watched cable, but now I spend most of my time either reading or watching series and obscure documentaries on Netflix. Currently, I'm watching Breaking Bad. And yes I know that I'm YEARS behind everyone else, but I had other things to do like go to school for the last 5 years. The last movie I watched was The Guilt Trip with Seth Rogan and Barbra Streisand. A very cute movie, if you've never seen it. I highly recommend renting it and watching it with your girlfriends.
15. I am a Whovian. And Moffatt is a terribly evil genius. I mean who could write such a confusing story-line, make it all make sense and then add some character deaths in there for the feels? (If you don't know what Whovian and Moffatt mean, google them)
16. I love everything British. I honestly believe I was born in the wrong century, but I can't fix that. What I can fix is being born in the wrong country. Don't get me wrong, America is a wonderful place but Great Britain seems like such a lovely place to visit. The only country I've visited outside the US is Mexico. I had such a wonderful time (and no, it wasn't a resort in Mexico) and I'd love to go back but it isn't safe. I want to do some more traveling, but with a social work salary I don't think the trips I want to take are going to happen.
17. I don't have one favorite type of music. I'm more into classic rock and 70's folk right now. My favorite song is Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones. I don't like current country music. Sorry if you do, but I can't listen to 15 songs by 10 different people about 2 different subjects.
18. I may have to birth a child at work this week, but it's okay. I've been trained how to do it. I was a Girl Scout.
19. My next purchase is probably going to be a body shaper. Also, I knit. So I might secretly be 70. My boyfriend thinks I am.
20. I have a weird addiction to sweet and sour chicken.