Thursday, January 9, 2014

Late New Year's Resolutions

I'm only about 10 days late on making resolutions, not bad. At least I'm making a plan to do something. I want to start reading/writing blogs more. I love hearing what other people think and I've turned into such a huge bibliophile lately. I guess that comes from actually having the ability to read for pleasure instead of being forced to read long, dry textbooks. I've been reading non-fiction lately ("gasp!" says my high school self), but light non-fiction. I'm not taking on anything Kearnes has written yet. I just finished Bossypants, the Tina Fey autobiography. Granted I had it read to me over the span of 3 day's commutes and 2 hours on the treadmill at the gym by TINA FEY HERSELF. Yeah, I fangirled a little when I found out that it was read aloud by Tina Fey. And right now I'm reading (read: listening on my drive to work) a book called Sparkly Green Earrings. I'm not sure who it's by. It's a memoir written by a mommy blogger, and I'm sure someone must have heard of her, the blog, or the book and will politely comment with the name (please??).

With expanding my reading possibilities, I'm wanting to start writing more. I've heard all the news lately that "The printed word is dead!" and that everyone and their mama has a blog. But what's one more going to hurt? I know that no one is going to pay me for this, but I feel like it could be a good outlet.

Okay, I'll admit it. There's nothing special about me. But I think my life is interesting, and I hope to add enough humor to keep you entertained, dear reader.

So I'm starting with some stupid thing I found when I googled "31 day blog challenge." I may stray away from it but I want to use it as a start.

Personally, I think starting my resolution 10 days later gives me a better chance at sticking to it. Or maybe that's just what I like telling myself.

Here's my question for you, dear reader. What are your New Year's resolutions? Follow up question: How do you plan on sticking to it, or have you given it up already?

Loves, B.

No comments:

Post a Comment