Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stay at home "mom"

I have spent the last 3 days being a stay at home "mom". And I've been watching The Dick Van Dyke Show lately so I feel like Laura Petrie. I actually put on a dress and I've been wearing an apron to do my work all day. 

What I got done before 10am (and its pretty astounding, people): 
* took the dog out and fed him
* made breakfast for Shawn and myself
* made Shawn a lunch to take to work
* made the bed and picked up the bedroom
* fixed the vacuum, swept the living room, and picked up the living room
* cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes
* walked the dog
* showered and dressed 

Yeah. All of that before 10am. I also did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, made lunch and started getting things together for the garage sale on Saturday. Oh, and made a loaf of Irish soda bread (which I remembered I really dislike after I ate a piece). I will probably be sending it home with my friend that is coming down tomorrow. She's full Irish and loves all that crap. So I'll let her enjoy it. And take home the other box of mix I bought (impulse buy because it was on sale). 

I have a while before I have to start making dinner because Shawn's friend is coming over for dinner and he can't come over till about 7:00. 

I'm really getting tired of this stay at home mom and wife thing. My "child" is a 9 month old puppy and I'm not even married yet. I just have to do this because I don't have a job and I don't want to move away from Shawn just yet. I already have to spend the summer away from him. Is it so bad that I want to spend a couple weeks with him? 

I guess spending each night with him while I can is worth being bored during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment